Monday, April 1

Confessions: I've Actually Never Had Coffee.

I'm starting a new series, Confessions.
I figured I might as well start with the most shocking.

So yeah, I've never actually had coffee before.
And these are some of the looks I get when I say that:






































Actually, that's probably all the reactions I've gotten.
Yeah. . .
I just . . . never really wanted to have coffee.
I love the smell of coffee beans, but not when it's actually brewed.
And I don't need it in the mornings, because once I'm up, I'm up.
So you wake me up at 3 AM and you had better have something really cool for me to do or I will hate intensely dislike you for a very long time, probably proportional to how many hours of sleep you robbed me of.
Anyhoo, yeah, I've never had coffee.
And I don't plan to, either.
And the reason why is because when I was a kid, I had to read this book, Across Five Aprils. 
It's about the Civil War, but there's only one part I really remember: the kid's mom loved coffee, but for one reason or another, they couldn't buy it, and she went through this awful withdraw and could not function, and I remember thinking I never wanted to be that dependent on something that I wouldn't be able to function if I couldn't have it.
Which rules out a lot of things for me.
Oh well.
And I remember a lot of my friends saying they never drank coffee till they got to college, but I'm almost a senior, and I still haven't had a drop.
I mean, I suppose it's kind of like tea: I just haven't found a flavor I might like.
Whatevs.

What coffee confessions do you have?

20 comments:

  1. I believe my reaction was a mix between #13 and #17 with a dash of #34.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'll bet.
      But not only did _you_ count them, but you made _me_ count them too . . . and one of us _isn't_ hyped up on coffee. ;)

      Delete
  2. yep i'm pretty I ran the series of reactions from the first to the last..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to drink coffee when i was young and would go to my gma's. She'd even put ice cream in it at times in the evening and that I will admit was the best. But now a days as time went on I cant drink coffee b/c of my stomach issues. So I dont drink it either and havent in years so dont feel bad. Some people like it and drink it religiously. I'd rather have sweet tea or coke in the morning first thang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the ice cream part doesn't sound so bad.
      Yeah, I'm a morning milk person, myself.

      Delete
  4. Good for you! If you ask me, you are doing more good for yourself by not drinking coffee. Now I am a coffee drinker, I love it. But its not that good for you... and boy can it get expensive! Its fine in moderation, just like everything else. But people do become addicted. And not to just the caffeine in it. With all these corner coffee shops popping up across the word, they are putting more and more sugar in coffee drinks as well. And that equals more and more empty calories that people are unaware they are consuming. So I say, good for you! Stay just as you are, as a non coffee drinker. I will probably never be able to stop drink coffee, but I have been trying to cut back.

    Madison
    atthedogparkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have friends with whom it is pretty obvious whether or not they've met their caffeine quota for the day. =)

      Delete
  5. I've had sips of coffee, but never really liked it. Now that I have a baby, I often wish I liked coffee, just for the caffeine kick, because damn could I use that kick, but there's a part of me that likes that I don't "need" it in order to wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I haven't tried it for the energy. I guess I'm okay with just being sluggish sometimes. ;)

      Delete
  6. I never needed coffee until I became a parent, my husband hated coffee until we had a newborn too. When it gets to the point where you have to take care of a little human being on 1 hour of sleep, coffee becomes a must! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be singing another tune in 5 or so years about this, too! =)

      Delete
  7. watch out. imma spike your drink with the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would. I'll just get bottled stuff while you're working THERE. ;)

      Delete
  8. haha, this was funny. I've had coffee, and I hate it! so I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we're just quiet about it, and people who love coffee are loud about it . . . which actually makes a TON of sense! ;)

      Delete
  9. i've tagged you in the versatile blogger award, check it out.

    - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I did the typical blogger thing...I looked at the pictures then read the text. I was laughing hysterically at the reactions and then when I found out why I did a lil reacting of my own!!! Really? You've never had coffee???!?!?!?! I will say that the woman in the civil war book is definitely having caffeine withdrawal! I gave coffee up for lent once and it was not good...I crashed the first day around 1pm. I had to have a cup! But I only have one cup a day and that really is not that bad in the grand scheme of things! What's worse would be addicted to soda...that is a bad habit that is like impossible to break!!! =P

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope, never had it! =)
      I had a friend who took a bet that she could abstain from coffee for a week or something. I think it was a nasty week, but she won. BARELY. ;)

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!