Monday, July 23

The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel ~ My Thoughts

Last Friday, the lastest Batman movie hit theaters.
Last Saturday, me, my brother, and my dad went to go see it.
Not in IMAX - they were sold out - but that was okay: we had a pretty big screen. Besides, maybe the Hobbit will be in IMAX . . . ?
So, first, the movie itself: EPIC.
I LOVED IT.
Definitely gonna have to have a Batman marathon someday after the DKR hits shelves.
I'd give it a 9.5/10.
(The missing .5 is for a personal preference, nothing huge.)
Now . . . onto the more important topic . . .
The Man of Steel . . .
Meh.
I'm not a Superman kind of gal.
Sorry Caroline.
Haha, nope!
I love Batman.
I love Young Justice.
I love Thor (and Loki.)
I love Captain America.
I love Iron Man.
I love the Avengers (read: Coulson).
But I just really can't get into Supes, even though I did watch the entire Animated Series last year.
What really got me, though, was the music they used for the trailer.
Oh. My. Gosh.
This is where I have to interject something about myself.
I am a complete soundtrack nerd. 
I have over a hundred of them, and I can generally identify the movie they came from within the first thirty seconds.
So, picture this.
I'm sitting the theater, yeah?
Watching previews, right?
All of a sudden, I hear really, really familiar music . . .
And some mournful woman singing (or maybe a choir boy).
I say to myself, "I've heard this before".
Not FIVE seconds later, it hits me: it's from Lord of the Rings.
Lord of the Rings.
DID YOU HEAR ME?!
I SAID LORD OF THE RINGS!
WHO ON EARTH USES MUSIC FROM LORD OF THE RINGS FOR A SUPERMAN TRAILER?!
You know what I think?
I think the person responsible for finding music for that trailer totally dropped the ball and picked the first thing he could find!
I mean . . . really?
*sigh.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!