Friday, April 26

Disney's Old School Sass

Can we just have a moment to talk about how sassy some of the classic Disney movies are?


I mean, look at just Sleeping Beauty.
Those fairies got some SNARK!
Although I do find it hilarious that Merryweather doesn't realize it's pink till Flora throws the whole roll over her.
And Merryweather minces no words.
I. Love. That.
And if you don't like Merryweather, we can't be friends.
Sorry not sorry.
"You can't sew! And she's never cooked!!"
And yet she never really comes off as rude, or disrespectful, just . . . young.
They can't really do movies like that anymore.
-sigh-
Still one of my favorite Disney movies ever.
I think this calls for a Disney Princess marathon.
Who's in?

6 comments:

  1. I'm in. Because I dont think I've ever seen Sleeping Beauty and if I have it's been forever a go. I havent seen alot of the disney movies. Of course Lion King is my fave but princess movie is either Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Beauty and the Beast -- I've read about a dozen different versions and retellings, including the original.

      Delete
  2. Those fairies were the best characters in Sleeping Beauty. Love me some vintage Disney movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, absolutely. :) I wanted to be the fourth fairy for ages. :)

      Delete
  3. I love vintage Disney Movies! Beauty and the Beast was one of my favorites. I made the hubby watch it a few years ago and all of a sudden there was a NEW SCENE! Who changes a wonderful movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old Disney movies are great -- some of the newer ones are just as good, but there's something about hand-painted backgrounds and hand-drawn characters that's just endearing.
      Yeah, they added a new scene to the Lion King, too! I didn't care for it much. :/

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!