Wednesday, January 9

{at} and {dot}

This is a rant.
I'm sorry.
This is not meant to pick on anyone who does this, either; I promise.
Ever see those people who put their addresses like this?
dorkyaddressimadewheniwas9 {at} whatevsmail {dot} com
Um . . . 
It's 2013 . . . I think people know what an email address is formatted like. . .
It's kinda like the messages people put on their answering machines. 
Not the cute and funny ones like "Have a blessed day" or "I'm likely babysitting", but the actual instructions
We know to leave a message and not a cake recipe, thank you. . .
I dunno. . .
Sometimes stuff like this just makes me laugh.
And sometimes it peeves me. 
I mean, if you want someone to email you, make a form or link it. 
Don't write it in hieroglyphics.
Because hieroglyphs are hard.

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering why people did this too. I am wondering if computers can find their email and use it to spam them...I don't know. It could happen with all the technology we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a legitimate concern, but I have mine hyperlinked, and I've gotten no (different) spam since then. I dunno. It's just weird.

      Delete
  2. i never really understood the reasoning behind that either. to be honest i thought maybe i was missing something, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, then we're missing something together!

      Delete
  3. LOL, it's TOTALLY to avoid spam. If you put your full email those spam suckers find you and spam the craparoo outta you. So you have to do the whole at dot com thing :)Well at least that's the rumor anyways

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um........... LMAO I think I set it up that way on my blog page. *runs to go fix it* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, like I said, it's totes not personal. ;)

      Delete
  5. Not only can it help prevent spam, as others have said, but some sites (tumblr asks ugh) don't allow email addresses or phone numbers to be shared, so some people get around that by using the [dot] and similar things. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Yeah Tumblr doesn't allow links, either. Very annoying.

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!