Friday, January 11

Waiting.

I will be the first to admit it: patience is not one of my strengths.
It's not easy being patient.
And something's occurred to me lately that I thought I should share.
Shouldn't it be (theoretically) easier to be patient on God?
That's not to make Him sound slow or anything, just our perception of time.
I mean, we know He's promised to provide for us.
We know He'll bless us.
And we know He has our best at heart and in mind.
So why are we so antsy?
We know the answer, but just in case you don't want to own to it, I will:
we want what we want when we want it.
I do. And I'll bet you do, too.
And nothing's wrong with wanting something (assuming it's a good thing).
But when we let that get in the way of trusting God, we end up making the thing we want - or sometimes even the wanting itself - an idol.
If God wants us to have it, we'll have it.
If He doesn't, we won't.
Waiting's hard.
I know it is.
But if you're waiting in God's time with a good attitude . . . it'll be worth it.
Always.

What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm no an inherently patient person either. Thank you for sharing.
    I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'd really appreciate it if you visited and followed my site, www.ModaMamaBlog.com

    Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Sincerely,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!
      You've gained a new follower! :)

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!