Monday, March 11

Technology Woes and Whoas

I've had my Blackberry for Lord only knows how long.
I had a flip phone before that, and I really wanted a full keyboard for texting, since I don't really talk much on it.
When our contracts ran up, my dad upgraded me to a Blackberry.
He'd had one of the old-school ones, with the wheel on the side and all. Very hard to play BrickBreaker with. (The newer ones are better for that in case you're wondering.)
It's not a touchscreen, but I didn't want one. Still kind of don't.
But I was afraid I'd have to get a new phone because mine started glitching and freezing and generally acting buggy and such.
A few days ago, I decided to change my alarm tone to the Ghostbusters Theme.
. . . Don't ask. ANYTHING is better than preloaded stuff. You know that.
I plugged it into my laptop, but it wasn't even showing on the hardware. It was charging, and that was it.
I figured it couldn't hurt to try downloading the Blackberry Manager, since it was kinda, y'know, made for that.
Well.
Well.
Well.
Well.
Turns out there was an update for the OS.
Like, a big time update.
Like, 5.0.3 to 6.0.7 or something.
Yeah.
Oh. My. Gosh.
It's like having a new phone, I swear.

4 comments:

  1. I had a blackberry for 3 years and liked it, aside from the fact that it was glitchy and froze all. the. time. I reluctantly switched to an iPhone and can't believe it took me so long to make the move! Glad you like your phone, though, I just could never go back to that platform!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's exactly what mine was doing. I have an iPad, mostly for college, but I'm just really not a fan of Apple -- I'm not sure I could do the whole iPhone thing, though if I had to, I suppose I could "muddle" through!

      Delete
  2. I wouldnt know anything about smart phones. I havent had one in now 3 yrs. and I'm happy with my little pantech like a old blackberry phone with the keypad so i can just go to town on the keys when texting b/c that's all i use it for. :D glad you got your major update tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. Yeah, I rarely call people. Ever. Texting is just so much faster.

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!