Wednesday, March 13

Subjects of Songs

I just gotta say . . . I feel really sorry for the people other people write songs about.
Like, basically for pretty much every guy Taylor Swift or Adele has ever dated or crushed on.
Take "Teardrops on my Guitar", for example.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love that song. It's part of the reason I respect Taylor: it's not a catty song about her liking a guy and trying to steal him. It's about her liking a guy and wanting him to be treated right and loved, even if it's not her being loved back. If fact, she tries her best not to interfere.
I really respect that.
But I hope she went by the whole "the names have been changed to protect the innocent" thing, because if she really liked some guy named Drew . . . somebody really felt awful when that was released.
Or say, Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts".
I love that song, too. Actually, it seems like I've been living some of the songs from "Lovestrong" lately, but that's slightly irrelevant. 
If you watch the music video, it's heartbreaking, but beautiful in a bitter, sad sort of way.
It's like she hates him for what he did to her . . . but knows he's going to end up hurt in the end, too.
That guy must feel pretty bad too.
I guess I just feel like I'd have to walk on eggshells around my friend if they were a songwriter - I wouldn't want to end up the butt of a song.
Though, in a way, I guess it's sort of a nod: they meant enough to them that they wrote a song about them.
Anyway, it's just interesting.
And sad.
And sweet, sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if it is difficult for Taylor Swift to date now...with it being common knowledge that she will base songs on the relationship...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I kind of hope not, I mean, I'm sure she's a nice gal. But then, I guess dating anyone in the public eye could be "dangerous".

      Delete
  2. I've totally wondered the same thing as Robin, the comment above!

    Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure most people have!

      Same to you! =)

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!