Wednesday, March 6

Contentment and Letting Go

I actually wrote this in a random notebook almost a year ago and just now found it - thought it might be good to share. 

It's not just "the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want".
It's "the Lord is my ___, I shall not want".
The Lord is my friend, I shall not want.
The Lord is my protector, I shall not want.
The Lord is my comforter, I shall not want.
The Lord is my provider, I shall not want.
The Lord is the lover of my soul, I shall not want.
The Lord is my guider, I shall not want.
The Lord is my study buddy, I shall not want.
So why do I still want?
Because I'm not satisfied in Him.
I'm not filled with Him.
I want to be.
I thirst for Him.
I am weary of my burdens - He alone can give me rest.
Why don't I give them to Him?
Why don't I just surrender everything?
Because I like to be in control.
I never was.
And honestly, I don't want to be in control anymore - I don't know what I'm doing.
Ever.
I want Him to be in control.
It might not make things easier. . .
But it will be better.

4 comments:

  1. It's okay that if you desire things sometimes or feel worried. There is a reason why we are not perfect - we are not God. It is natural to have these feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely - we just have to remember that we can't be consumed by them.

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!