Wednesday, February 27

Ugh . . . Morning Classes . . .

I'm sure I've ranted about morning classes before.
And there may be a day when I don't rant about morning classes.
But, in all seriousness, scheduling classes is a bloomin' nightmare.
You've gotta make sure nothing overlaps in time slots.
You've gotta make sure you actually need it.
You've gotta make sure you've got time to do the whole "lunch" thing, which -though seriously underrated - is vital to not passing out in class. From hunger.
And - for USCB students anyhow - you've gotta make sure you're not giving yourself 10 minutes to make a 30 minute trip, as we have two campuses. 
But then there's the 8 AM classes.
Also known as "the room you sit in whilst you wake up mentally".
Unless it's Crossfit aerobics, which will kick your studious tush.
I've taken 8 AM classes before, but only two days a week, so you have the next day to sleep in and recover.
This semester, I've got my first two Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes.
And all five days . . . I have 8 AM classes.
Why?
Because I'm an idiot, that's why.
And you know what the worst of it is?
Waking up three minutes before my alarm goes off.

8 comments:

  1. Ah yes, morning classes. I'm by no means a morning person so I finally just started taking all of my classes online.. and I LOVE it!! If you have the option, I would definitely recommend trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm currently taking an online class . . . I like it, but it makes it so much easier for me to forget about assignments. =(

      Delete
  2. online classes were my saving grace! So happy I'm done with them though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea...the ole' famous morning classes! I did those lots of times and sadly had my A&P class in the morning I do believe and well.....a boring man talking non-stop 1.5 hrs reading from a power point...well I'm sure you know all about that. I'd prefer afternoon classes. say after 1 p.m. that way you're wide awake and can pay attention. I'm 1 class short of graduating and gotta wait til the summer or August to take that one class. I'd prefer it online if I can b/c they say it's easier that way. and I've already had it already and have all the notes and stuff and the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man!! ONE class?!
      I get to take it pretty light next year - but I still have gen-eds to work on!

      Delete
  4. Schedule-making can be frustrating - especially when a class only has two choices, or even ONE choice for time. And I know what you mean about waking up right before the alarm goes off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schedule making is a beast of its own, you're so right!

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!