Monday, May 13

Confessions: I can't sing

I've previously written a post about American Idol, where I poke fun at the fact that the gal I wanted to win didn't. 
And I think I mentioned something about how I'd love to be a judge there, if only to take Simon's spot. 
I overheard something on the radio this morning about the ridiculous amount of money Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey are being paid to be judges.
My response?
"I'll do it for $25 an hour!"
But really, I'd love to be a judge for a singing contest.
There's only one kinda huge drawback:
. . . I can't sing.
Now let me qualify that.
I have the ability to sing, but I can't sing well, can't carry a tune.
I sing in the car when I'm alone because I don't want to inflict my tone-deafness on other people.
I love them too much to do that to them.
However, Candice Glover -- WHO IS FROM BEAUFORT -- can sing!
So yes, vote for Candice Wednesday night!

4 comments:

  1. I quit watching american idol this year. Wasnt impressed with it. Not a big fan of Nikki or Mariah. and I dont think its being taken serious but that's just me. A guy won last year so this year a girl has to win. wtf. It should be who ever is good. Not that it's a gurls turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a VOCAL contest for probably the first season; after that, it was a popularity contest, that's why Sanjaya stayed on so long whenever he was there -- 13 year old girls thought he was cute. I'm not a fan of any of the judges except for Keith and sometimes Randy. I really miss Simon. I dunno, it's just not really what it used to be anymore.

      Delete
  2. To "Night Owler": Hi, :) It does not matter that a guy won last year. They don't chose who wins by the gender of the winner of the previous season. i know that because, yes last year a guy won, and the year before that a guy won, and the year before that and the year before that a guy won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I think it just happened that some gals were the last couple to go.

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!