Tuesday, August 20

Blessing the Lord

There's this song, you may have heard it, it's called "10,000 Reasons".
I can't remember the first time I heard it, but I remember thinking, "Oh, I should go download this when I get home" because it was a good song and I liked it. 
Well, I forgot to download it.
Naturally.
Well, the next time (of note) that I heard it was at a funeral for a baby.
I was so emotional that I couldn't even sing it.
But I was thinking.
We can't just bless the Lord when we have everything. When everything's nice and sunny. When we have everything we need.
We need to bless Him when He takes gifts away. When He teaches us lessons. When He allows pain in our lives.
Because whoever said "God will never give you more than you can handle" was wrong.
God will never allow you to be tempted beyond what He gives you an escape.
And God gives us more than we can handle to teach us to depend on Him for everything.
And that tender, nurturing love is truly blessable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!