Friday, December 28

Christmas Shenanigans

You know what's really weird?
Me and my mom have quite different tastes.
Example: many, many moons ago, my uncle gave me the EXTENDED edition of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for Christmas. I began to watch it as soon as I could, and my mom fell asleep on the couch next to me. She woke up during a scene with the Ents (which she now loves because they "help the short guys") and said, "What is that?"
I told her they were Ents.
Now, my mom has been in the medical field for a while, so she was probably like "ear nose and throat . . . ???"
She looked at the screen, looked at me, and back at the screen.
"I'm going back to sleep."
Now, that isn't to say we don't have anything in common, and this proves it. 
For Christmas I decided to get my mom two movies she liked when we were kids but hadn't seen in a long time, probably coinciding with the VHS to DVD transition. 
I bought her Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Now, just take a wild guess as to what was in my stocking . . . ?
Yep.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Whoever said great minds think alike was right.

And here's my favorite part of Mary Poppins (because everyone loves this part, and if you don't, go get your head checked now before healthcare prices shoot up):


And from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, because I don't think it's nearly as popular as it should be:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!