Wednesday, November 13

In Defense of Those Who Drive as a Madman

People will say that I am a scary person to ride with.
That is totally not true.
What people don't understand is that I drive with purpose.
I drive to get from Point A to Point B with minimal distance in between.
Even when I'm not in a hurry, I strive to drive with purpose, because I don't want to be that person I'd yell at if I were trying to get somewhere.
Not that I yell at people. . .
Because I totally don't. . .
But I kinda view going slow(er than the rest of the traffic -- you may well be doing the speed limit, but hey, you're still going slow) as rude and selfish behavior. It's one thing if you're in the right lane.
That's where slower traffic belongs.
But if you're in the left lane, and you're riding even with traffic in the right lane, you're trapping everyone behind you.
Think about it.
Somebody could be going to a job interview.
Somebody could be trying to catch a flight.
Somebody could be going to a doctor's appointment.
Somebody might have to pee.
And for crying out loud, if your cell phone distracts you,
GET OFF OF IT.

This has been a PSA.