Wednesday, November 13

In Defense of Those Who Drive as a Madman

People will say that I am a scary person to ride with.
That is totally not true.
What people don't understand is that I drive with purpose.
I drive to get from Point A to Point B with minimal distance in between.
Even when I'm not in a hurry, I strive to drive with purpose, because I don't want to be that person I'd yell at if I were trying to get somewhere.
Not that I yell at people. . .
Because I totally don't. . .
But I kinda view going slow(er than the rest of the traffic -- you may well be doing the speed limit, but hey, you're still going slow) as rude and selfish behavior. It's one thing if you're in the right lane.
That's where slower traffic belongs.
But if you're in the left lane, and you're riding even with traffic in the right lane, you're trapping everyone behind you.
Think about it.
Somebody could be going to a job interview.
Somebody could be trying to catch a flight.
Somebody could be going to a doctor's appointment.
Somebody might have to pee.
And for crying out loud, if your cell phone distracts you,
GET OFF OF IT.

This has been a PSA.

8 comments:

  1. Good points! When I see people racing past me, even though I am already pushing the speed limit, I remind myself that there are a million reasons why they're in a hurry. Thank you for the PSA!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm usually the one racing past people, haha! ;)
      Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. hahahahahah. YOU STILL SOMETIMES SCARE ME THOUGH. and i'm happy to admit that i scare myself when i drive sooo.....yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be a great driver in taiwan :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I'm with you on this one, Alyse! I drive relatively normal here in Canada, but every time I head to the U.S. I drive like a maniac. It could of course just be because everyone else does so I just follow suit. Hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Canada, but I've never really pictured Canadians as crazy drivers, haha!
      There's a retirement community near the town I live in, and we get lots of tourists seemingly year-round, so everyone drives crazy here!
      Do you usually visit the New York area?

      Delete

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!