Wednesday, October 17

My Thoughts on . . . Fidelio

Fidelio is one of the best operas ever.
Like, legit.
It's awesome.
The plot's a bit convoluted, and I don't want to spoil anything by trying to explain it, so I'm just not going to. 
It sounds kinda rough, but that's just because it's in German. After a while, you get used to it, but there is this really funny part right at the beginning where this guard's trying to woo the jail keeper's daughter, and she's so sick of it that she pounds the table over and over shouting "Nein nein nein nein!"
Funniest. Opera scene. Ever
And it only works in German, so yeah.
But it's an awesome love (and sort of a spy) story, but not mushy. Totally not mushy. 
I'd give it a 5/5.
It's really that great. 

Any thoughts on my review? Did I miss anything or not give it enough praise? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!