Monday, October 8

"Singing" versus SINGING

This may be beating a dead horse, but this occurred to me whilst in the shower, so it's automatically groundbreaking. 
Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) was a sensation when she was 16, right?
Me and a lot of my friends thought she had been pushed out onto the stage too early and didn't give her voice time to develop. That may be true, but I realized something the other day - 
Christine Daae (Emmy Rossum) was also 16 in Phantom of the Opera. And when I say Christine Daae, I don't just mean the character: I mean Emmy too. 
This brings us to an unpleasant thing to admit: I was mistaken about voice maturation. 
(That means I was . . . um . . . wrong.)
But I was right about something else: Miley never really had it. Sorry HM fans. 
Emmy was trained in some opera school, I think. That's crazy! You know how much talent you have to have to be accepted . . . ? Yeah, a LOT. 
So yeah, either you got it or you don't.
And yes, I am a music snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment?
Bless your heart!